Encyclopedia ofChicago
Historical Source
Historical Source
M
Marshall Field & Company Store, c.1904-1913

 

 

 

Marshall Field & Company Store, c.1904-1913

The main Marshall Field and Company Store today is not one but several buildings. The two most familiar sections, along State Street between Randolph and Washington, were designed by D.H. Burnham and Company. The north building was completed in 1902, and the south building, also twelve stories, was erected five years later. The famous clocks, one of which is visible here, decorate the State Street corners.