|Waveland Field House
In 1925 the city began to develop the north lakeshore from Diversey Parkway to Montrose Avenue, including Waveland Fieldhouse in Lincoln Park. Expansion of the park north to Foster Avenue and the development of Montrose Harbor began in 1934, after the consolidation of the Chicago park system.
The Electronic Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2005 Chicago Historical Society.
The Encyclopedia of Chicago © 2004 The Newberry Library. All Rights Reserved. Portions are copyrighted by other institutions and individuals. Additional information on copyright and permissions.